The cradle of European surfing ! 1956 : 2 Californians on a film shoot discover the Basque waves, and import this sport for the first time.
The era of the “Tontons Surfeurs” begins, marked by colorful characters such as Jo Moraiz, Rott, Barland or even Joel de Rosnay. Surfing was democratized in the 70’s and then became fashionable in the 80’s, with the development of surf shops, surf wear, and a real culture which mainly animated the South Landes and the Basque Country.
The photos, posters and articles of the Chalet Biarritz illustrate this epic story, presenting superb shots of the waves and competitions of the Côte des Basques, the Grande Plage or neighboring beaches such as Les Cavaliers or Les Sables d’Or (Anglet).
The Chalet Biarritz has 2 bedrooms: a master bedroom with a 160cm bed, and a second bedroom with twin beds, bathroom, living room, sofa, equipped kitchen, air conditioning, quality WiFi. Beautiful wooden terrace, with its table, hammock, deck chair… outdoor shower for wetsuits, a board rack.
20′ from Biarritz and Hossegor, our boutique campsite stands out for its top-of-the-range services, its preserved natural setting and its genuine commitment to sustainable tourism.
Services “as in a hotel”: cleaning, bed linen and towels provided, breakfast, etc… and of course a restaurant that favors local and fresh products.
- Chalet "made in France"
- Table and chairs
- Sofa bed (bedding for 1 child -12 years)
- Kitchen utensils
- Electric pod coffee maker Nespresso
- Cook top
- Table top refrigerator with freezer
- Roofing Tiles
- Covered terrace
- Wooden garden lounge
- Washing line
- 1 double bed : 160 x 200 cm
- 2 single beds 70 x 180cm
- Separate WC
- Duverts & pillows supplied
- Accommodation renovated in 2019
- 1 car parking space nearby
Included in direct booking :
- Bed linen and towels
- Wifi access for 4 devices
- Hammock chair
- 2 steamers
- Cancellation insurance: 3.6% of the total amount of the stay
- Breakfast: €6.5
- Half-board (only in season) :
- Child (-10 years): €20 / day
- Adult (10 years+): €25 / day
- House cleaning: €60 / rental
- Baby kit (high chair, bed, bath): €21 / week
- Animal (1 max / rental): €42 / week (except category 1 and 2 dogs)
- Bike rentals :
- Children’s bike: €39 / week
- Adult bike: €59 / week
- 2nd parking space in extra €35 / week