The first French surfing championship was held in Anglet in 1965. Joël de Rosnay won the championship and became the first French surfing champion!
Then in 1968, Anglet organised the first international surfing competition (the International Surfing Championships) on French soil. The winner was Wayne Lynch.
All the great champions of the sport have, at one time or another, tasted the waves of La Barre, Les Cavaliers, Les Sables d’Or or La Chambre d’Amour. And some have fallen in love with the region to the point of settling here, like the multi (6 ASP and ISA titles) Californian world champion Tom Curren.
The Anglet Surf Avenue (surfing’s Walk of Fame) collects the footprints of the sport’s stars, including those of our surfing teacher, Gautier Garanx.
An abundance of posters of this spot and its champions cover the walls of this uniquely decorated chalet.
As well as surfing, your family can enjoy many other sports at our boutique campsite. Ideally situated on the Côte Landaise, the campsite is ideal for cycling along the cycle paths that wind through the Landes forest. The Kids Club and the Club Ados offer fun and discovery activities in a remarkable natural setting.
This pretty chalet sleeps 4 to 5 people. 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, lounge, sofa, fully-equipped kitchen, lovely terrace, wooden garden table, hammock, chilienne, etc. Air-conditioning, high-quality Wi-Fi. Also available: outdoor shower for westsuits and surf boards racks.
- Chalet "made in France"
- Table and chairs
- Sofa bed (bedding for 1 child -12 years)
- Kitchen utensils
- Electric pod coffee maker Nespresso
- Cook top
- Table top refrigerator with freezer
- Roofing Tiles
- Covered terrace
- Wooden garden lounge
- Washing line
- 1 double bed : 160 x 190 cm
- 1 double bed 140 x 180 cm
- 1 bunk bed of 70 x 180cm (for a child aged 6 to 12 years)
- Separate WC
- Duverts & pillows supplied
- Accommodation renovated in 2020
- 1 car parking space nearby
Included in direct booking :
- Bed linen and towels
- Wifi access for 4 devices
- Hammock chair
- 2 steamers
- Cancellation insurance: 3.6% of the total amount of the stay
- Breakfast: €8.5
- Half-board (only in season) :
- Child (-10 years): €20 / day
- Adult (10 years+): €25 / day
- House cleaning: €60/ rental
- Baby kit (high chair, bed, bath): €21 / week
- Animal (1 max / rental): €42 / week (except category 1 and 2 dogs)
- Bike rentals :
- Children’s bike: €43 / week
- Adult bike: €63 / week
- 2nd parking space in extra €35 / week